Infusing my life with a bit of sanity through rampant creativity

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SHARK Week!!

Every year since I was a kid I got excited for that week every year of learning and joy. Shark Week is back and as usual they've got their feast of sharky shows for those who think shark are totally better than dolphins.

I was working in a hotel the summer of my first year at school. A tourist asked me which I liked more: Whales or sharks? To be fair, I do think whales are cool. I've been out to the east coast and I got to see some fin back whales and pilot whales. They are impressive. But everyone loves whales They're mammals and we relate to them. But sharks are fish. The idea of them being intelligent is a bit foreign to us. I think another thing they've got against them is that they may like to eat people sometimes. Which are always unfortunate affairs. However, we are invading their habitat. It's not as if they are coming out on land to stalk us. We've got tonnes of lovely movies that portray sharks as the hunters, but to be fair, they are the victims. We (people) go out into their (sharks') habitats and hunt them. They at least have the decency to attack humans in their own turf.

There's a move I've been dying to watch called "Shark Water". I've heard really good things about it.
http://www.sharkwater.com/

Anyway...Shark Week. YEAH!. Awesomeness!
Whoot!


























No comments:

Post a Comment